A lot of lists float around this time of year and I will happily add to the pile if you don’t mind. 😉
I know SO MANY AMAZING women and this is stupidly hard to chop down to only 5 to mention but… these are ladies you should know about & follow on the social media. Because they are awesome and I don’t know how I got so lucky to know them.
My Top 5 Amazing Women of 2017
- My niece, Charlotte … she’s kicking butt in the kitchens of Montreal and growing up into the coolest lady. aaauuuggghh…. I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!!!!
- Ashley Wittig… co-owner of Bunner’s, teacher at Misfit Studio, and just all around really really awesome lady (who I don’t see enough of really- must change that in 2018…). Follow her on Instagram @ashleyhalston
- The ladies of Baroness von Sketch… if you’ve not seen this show for some reason, please change that NOW. I am blown away by what they’ve done and insanely proud of how my friends Jennifer Whalen & Aurora Browne have grown since I first met them many moons ago. Follow them on Twitter @BaronessShow
- Through making my documentary No Responders Left Behind, I have gotten to know some PHENOMENAL women… widows of 9/11 responders, sisters, wives of responders and responders themselves. So to ladies like Caryn, Taylor, Jennifer, Rebecca, Wendi, Marzena…. I marvel at you. And adore you. I won’t share each of their social media handles, but I will ask that you check out organizations that mean a lot to them:http://www.johnnymacfoundation.org/
- I have to give a LOT of love and thanks and gratitude to my editor at Hello Giggles, Rachel Sanoff because she is just the best. 🙂 Thanks to her, you get to read my essays and I get to share my stories with so many people. She is the best. And you should go check out Hello Giggles because it’s a great space to learn and share… follow us on Twitter @hellogiggles
In truth, I could list 50 women on this… but it’s a small, amazing drop of the amazing people I know. My mom is up there, my sister and sister-in-law, my friend Jenny who’s starting her own wedding organization business, the wonderful women who run amazing comedy rooms in Toronto and invite me on… I cannot wait to see where we take things in 2018.