In honour of my late-night hero David Letterman… I present my Top 10 List for 2015!
10. No Doubt in a Hot Air Balloon. (I’ll explain! Just before my birthday this year, I was watching an episode of Portlandia with the fellow I was dating at the time. I jokingly said to him “I’d like No Doubt in a Hot Air Balloon for my birthday”. And he showed up at my party with an LP of theirs, in a bag, with a balloon attached to it. Our relationship wasn’t meant to be, but that still makes me smile thinking about it.)
9. Learned to cook, drank a lot of wine AND had lunch with Chef Curtis Stone at this year’s Toronto Food & Wine Expo.
8. Stared into Johnny Depp’s eyes and proceeded to giggle like a schoolgirl at this year’s TIFF.
7. THE Bat Flip.
6. Jimmy Fallon finding out something very interesting thanks to Nicole Kidman. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtsNbxgPngA
5. I became a regular on TMZ Live. (Trust me, I CANNOT understand why this became a thing. But! It’s a thing. And it’s been a happy surprise.)
4. Seeing The Roots live during the 2015 PanAm Games in Toronto!!!!
3. David Letterman retired. (The late night TV landscape changed drastically this year, but Letterman’s retirement? Broke my heart. This man showed me the magic of Charts & Graphs, the brilliance in stuffing a Jamba Juice with several people dressed as Spider-man and the magic of keeping it simple AND stupid.)
2. Being in NYC on September 11. (Anytime I’m in NYC it’s a special thing, the city is my 3rd home. My feet fit into the pavement there. But this year, on 9/11 my mom and I went from Ground Zero (which I hadn’t been to yet, and it brought me to tears) up to the Bronx. We graced as much of the city that day as we could, eventually making our way to Liebman’s in the Bronx for matzo ball soup & a sandwich and then heading to see the Yankees v. my Toronto Blue Jays.)
and my top moment of 2015 is…
#1. I GOT PUBLISHED in the Toronto Star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. I have MANY more moments to add here, from having a hand in creating a scholarship in memory of my pal Don Berns to being on my first podcast to re-joining the team at the Patrician Grill here in Toronto… it’s been a year. I can’t wait to see where things go in 2016. And in honour of our upcoming Leap Year… let’s dance off 2015 with this: